Wednesday, July 29, 2009

CROP Walk T-Shirt

So I had a very fun lunch today where I felt like a VIP! The very very kind people with the Charlotte CROP Hunger Walk had their yearly sponsors luncheon today and they unveiled the 2009 t-shirt - designed by yours truly! The CROP HW people approached my Graphic Design class this past Spring and asked us to submit designs for their annual event. Over two dozen students submitted designs and I was so surprised when they chose mine.

Sometimes the most simple image has the most impact. That’s why I kept this t-shirt design to only two colors so that people don’t get lost in the details and miss the message of the shirt. I also wanted to highlight the very meaningful tag line of "We walk because they walk". I spelled it out for people by showing the contrast between us here in the US with our sneakers versus how many people in developing countries get around – in their bare feet.

Here are some pictures from today's luncheon - that's Dr. Peter Gorman, the Superintendant of Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools handing me their certificate of appreciation along with Jennifer Hall, the Administrator of the Charlotte CROP Hunger Walk.


The Charlotte walk is Sunday, October 4th - I hope a lot of my friends can come out that day and support the VERY worth endeavor. The statistics of poverty and hunger just in Charlotte are staggering. Your support on that day helps feed many families in the local area.


1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

Absolutely, incredibly, wonderfully fantastic! I am beyond proud of my little sister. Well done, Becky. I can't wait to see where you go from here!